You might have noticed that the website has been spiffied up. I’ve been working on this new look for the past two months now, which is why it has been down for maintenance intermittently, where “intermittently” is a euphemism for for freaking ever . I’m not finished yet; there are likely links that aren’t working and doors that open into other worlds (insert mystical chimes here) but I am working on it and expect to have it all done in about seventy months.
Now then, how to celebrate #100? There is some Fluffy Marshmallow Vodka in the freezer. Brent picked it up to make his favorite drink, the White Russian. Although I don’t think he’s ever had a real White Russian because Brent doesn’t believe in Kahlua. He says that any drink with milk or a milk-like mixer is a White Russian. Witness the following text from Brent:
So gross. Now that I’m getting my fluffy marshmallow drink on, it’s a good time to announce that I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award! My friend Heather at Heather’s Hurrah nominated me a couple months ago. Thanks, Heather! This award didn’t come after a bitter competition like the Spring 2013 Meat Container Blog-Off, but one still needs to earn a Liebster. The rules are:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and let them know that they’ve been nominated!
I might be a slacker, but I’m pretty sure I can make it through the first two items.
11 facts about me:
1. When I was in 8th grade, I got stuck in some mud, up to my torso, and it took three police officers, the fire department, and a pulley system to get me out. The mud was basically quick sand and it wasn’t like the movies where you pull out your pistol, shoot at an overhead tree so that a leafy bough falls down, and then climb up it. I was wearing my turquoise and purple Umbros and they held up fine under the rigors of getting swallowed by the earth. Umbros, the finest pantaloons man will ever produce.
The picture is of my friend Melissa and me, around the time of the Great Mud Entrapment. Melissa was with me when it happened and in fact saved me from completely sinking or having my upper half eaten by a wild animal before completely sinking. All this happened in a woodsy area off of the Emporia State University campus. When it became clear that I wasn’t going to be able to get out, she jumped in to help, but then she started sinking, too. She scrambled away, but by the time she reached safe ground, she was covered in mud. I remember telling her, rather soap-operatically,”You’ve got to go get help! It’s the only way.” Imagine, a half human growing out of the ground, issuing grim orders at you. Poor Melissa. You should’ve seen the look of dread that came over her face when she realized that she was going to have to trudge across a college campus looking like a mud monster. What would the college guys think? But she locked her pride and vanity away tight and went forth to bring back help. So yeah, that girl in the picture, the one on the right in the B.U.M. Equipment shirt – she’s a hero.
That was a long one. I guess I could come up with some shorter facts but I think I’ll just skip ahead to the next stage.
1. What is your favourite genre of music? I’m way into Ipecac Daiquiri, eXema, Ladies who Lunch, and the Purple Cows. Just kidding, those aren’t real bands. Well, Ipecac Daiquiri is the name of our Rock Band® band. I play the skins on Intermediate. Sometimes I can even manage the hard level. Not to brag.
2. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? I’d want to be green or cornflower, but then I’d feel sorry for the colors that nobody likes, like burnt sienna or raw umber. So I’d probably choose to be one of the overlooked colors. I’d want to be an underdog crayon, for sure.
3. What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Chocolate is the only flavor. Take me to an ice cream shop with 30 different flavors and I’ll choose chocolate every time. Except once Cher got me to try German Chocolate ice cream, and that was pretty good.
4. Do you have any goals that you’re working on right now? Yes. Goals related to writing and fitness are at the front of my mind.
5. Where were you born? South Carolina
6. What is your bank account information? Just kidding, Heather didn’t ask for that.
6. What is your favourite holiday? Halloween for sure.
7. Do you prefer the mountains or the beach? Mountains
8. What was the last movie you watched? Mama. Creepy as heck. And, like three times when the tension was building, Brent would reach out and go BOO! which would make me scream and jump. So annoying. Mama needs to come visit Brent and teach him some manners.
9. Have you ever met anyone famous? Not only have I hobnobbed with the famous, but I wrote about it here.
10. What was the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
As we were watching the fireworks on the last night, I was thinking, now how am I ever going to go back to regular life? I tried taking pictures but I couldn’t get it right with my camera, so I jotted down some thoughts.
Right off our balcony is the fireworks show. From here it looks like a toy train is moving around on the monotrail tracks. In the distance, but close enough to be real, is the castle, all lit up. I can see details on the turrets and I can believe that Cinderella is really there.
How earnest of me.
11. Do you prefer hugs or kisses? I prefer sexin’. Oh yeah. But with people that aren’t Brent, I prefer a friendly smile and maybe a high-five. I’m not a huggy person unless we are very close, I’m really happy to see you, or if I haven’t seen you in awhile. And then once we hug, we don’t need to hug again if we’re encountering each other regularly. Or let’s say you save me from getting killed by an evil possessed doll. I’ll definitely hug you. As in, “Whew! You saved me from that chain-saw wielding doll! Thanks!”(hug) But then if it happens again, where an evil doll comes after me and you save me at the last minute by burning it or whatever, I might not hug you. I might wonder if you are the one controlling the doll, just to get free hugs.
Heather, thanks again for nominating me! And happy 100 to my blog!